Senior Customer Support Engineer
BrazilSeptember 17th, 2020
As the Senior Customer Service Engineer your role is to serve and maintain the HITEC Rotary UPS Equipment installed on low and medium voltage facilities. You build a direct relation with HITEC users, initiate long-term contracts to secure the reliability of our equipment.
The ideal candidate will help rebuild the service business in Brazil and in the future has the opportunity to grow to the position of Customer Service Manager LATAM. In this position you will report to the Regional Customer Service Manager Americas based in Rosenberg Texas Regional Office.
- Being the first point of contact for customers, prepare and execute preventive-, corrective-maintenance and installation in accordance with the applicable procedures, guidelines, instructions and international standards.
- Provide technical support to customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- Support engineers during the installation phase on site, prior to the commissioning of the UPS installation.
- Quality, effectiveness and efficiency to be achieved by the support department offered products & services
- Implement the service policy of HPP (incl. Training and Education of all FSEs to highest standards)
- Ensuring timely reporting of all customer support activities (Incl. but not limited to Preventive and Reactive Maintenance Activity Reports, Site Overhaul Reports, Commissioning Reports, etc.)
- Realization of the targets concerning the service portfolio and portfolio contract
- Achieving targets and monitoring budgets and deadlines
- Compliance of laws and regulations, procedures and guidelines
- Cost optimal use of the available tools, materials, company cars and financial resources.
- Execute site inspections in the field according to the existing rules and regulations
- Report daily progress and quality with the Regional Customer Service Manager Americas
Required skills and profile
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of UPS systems (preferable Rotary UPS systems), switchgear or diesel power generation systems.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering (or similar)
- Some knowledge of control engineering, medium and low voltage and mechanical engineering.
- Portuguese and English
- Travel when required (short notice at least 70% of time)
- HITEC emphasizes and demands the mental and physical attitude of first-class service. The HITEC equipment is always in a critical application mode (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year) and customers request first class service by first class professional technicians.