Innovation, Development & Engineering Manager
NetherlandsOctober 12th, 2020
The Innovation, Development & Engineering (IDE) Manager leads and manages engineering activities in Innovation, product development, design, operations or field service environments. He manages a group of engineers and designers working on various projects. The Engineering department consists of three divisions: Electrical, Mechanical and Software. Each division has their own Lead Engineer, with a team of four to eight employees. The IDE Manager reports directly to the COO.
- Translate the R&D strategy and innovation roadmap into specific departmental objectives and initiatives, including required budgets, in order to give direction to the activities of the department;
- Schedule and assign projects and set short and long term plans regarding direct operational and capacity needs;
- Responsible for the correct and sound management of the department and ensuring that all HITEC systems and peripheral equipment are and stay ‘state of the art’;
- You actively coach and manage the competences and capabilities of team members in such a way that the plans and objectives are met;
- You make sure the output of the department meets required quality, engineering standards and directives;
- You monitor, control and manage project- and development budgets;
- Continuous Improvement. Develops and improves engineering processes and procedures to create an effective and efficient working environment;
- As part of the site management team you prioritise and manage activities related to the engineering department;
- You develop and maintain KPI’s and metrics for the department, monitors progress analysis performance and ensures periodical and ad hoc reporting to senior management;
- You monitor and discuss the progress and quality of the work with the team leaders and team members on a regular basis;
- You discuss, where appropriate, the solutions for and/or prevention of bottlenecks with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- You analyse and proactively advise/report bottlenecks in the execution process and its projected consequences;
- You discuss and report the progress and quality of the work via KPI’s to the COO.
Required skills and profile
- Master Degree or similar level preferably in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualifications;
- Affinity with electrical engineering and mechanical engineering in industrial environments;
- Experience in a managerial position in an international production environment;
- Affinity with power electronics is a preference;
- Speaks, reads and writes Dutch and English;
- Work with MS Office.