Electrical Project Engineer
NetherlandsOctober 12th, 2020
As the Electrical Project Engineer you are responsible for the coordination and execution of all engineering activities from project start-up until close-out and transfer to Service. You are the lead engineer in the project team and manage quality, schedule and budget for the engineering scope of the project. Upon request you will also provide and/or coordinate technical support to the Sales, Service and Global Helpdesk departments. You work within the Project Engineering department and report to the (Global) Teamlead Project Engineering.
- You are responsible for the engineering of the projects assigned to you in terms of quality, schedule and budget.
- You are the primary point of contact for our clients concerning engineering topics.
- You lead and chair periodic engineering team meetings.
- You represent engineering in the project team meetings.
- You ensure that technical and purchase specifications for all equipment are completed on-time, including review and sign off prior to release.
- You are responsible for the correct and timely provision of all technical project and customer documentation.
- You maintain contact with (in-house) suppliers, with respect to the quality requirements and standards and the quality of the supplied auxiliary equipment.
- You coordinate or provide technical support during the project, including installation and commissioning phase.
- You review and discuss progress and challenges of project activities with internal stakeholders.
- Reviews work progress, quality and (engineering) budget issues on a regular basis with the team.
- You pro-actively identify and propose options for improvements.
- You periodically discuss and review the progress and quality of the work with the Team Lead Project Engineering.
Required skills and profile
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant working experience.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or proven experience in Electrical Engineering combined with a Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Extensive experience with technical and quality standards such as ISO, IEC, UL, CSA, EN etc.
- You are technically familiar with UPS systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Leadership and people skills and a willingness to further develop these through training and/or coaching.