Customer Support Engineer (E or M)
NetherlandsOctober 12th, 2020
As the Customer Support Engineer (Electrical or Mechanical) you carry out corrective and preventative maintenance worldwide, to commission and trouble-shoot HITEC products and third-party installations. Your main duties involve, depending on your expertise, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering, working on both low and medium voltage Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) installations.
- As the Customer Support Engineer (E or M) you are responsible for independently preparing and carrying out work as part of the service and offering after-sales care. This is all in accordance with the procedures, guidelines and (international) standards and instructions in the Netherlands and abroad, under local conditions.
- You will provide technical support to customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- Additionally, you independently train operators for end customers.
- When needed you are able to do basic mechanical or electronic maintenance.
- You coordinate and act as a supervisor during the local installation stage prior to the commissioning of a product.
- During your time in the field, you will be supported by the local help-desk if technical problems arise. Additionally, the Regional Customer Service Manager EMEA will support you if organizational problems arise.
- You are familiar with, and make allowances for, local conditions.
- Discussing technical or mechanical problems and solutions with customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- You proactively discuss the progress and quality of the work with the Customer Support Manager Central Europe & Middle East.
Required skills and profile
- Qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from Pre-vocational Secondary Education (MBO) with an affinity for mechanical or electrical engineering
- Willingness to obtain NEN-3140 or NEN-3840 certificates
- You can speak, read and write English and preferably another language (e.g. Dutch, German, Spanish, Chinese).
- You are in possession of a drivers license (B) and you are willing to obtain your drivers license E.
- You are allowed to work in the Netherlands, living near Almelo is not a prerequisite due to the fact that you have to travel a lot.