Customer Service Engineer
BrazilOctober 12th, 2020
Location: Brazil – Campinas-São Paulo (based).
As the Customer Support Engineer (Electrical) you are responsible for independently preparing and carrying out work as part of the service and offering after-sales care. This is all in accordance with the procedures, guidelines and (international) standards and instructions in the Netherlands and abroad, under local conditions.
- You will provide technical support to customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- Additionally, you independently train operators for end customers.
- When needed you are able to do basic mechanical or electronic maintenance.
- You coordinate and act as a supervisor during the local installation stage prior to the commissioning of a product.
- During your time in the field, you will be supported by the local help-desk (US based) if technical problems arise. Additionally, the Regional Customer Service
- Manager America’s will support you if organizational problems arise.
- You are familiar with, and make allowances for, local conditions.
- Discussing technical or mechanical problems and solutions with customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- You proactively discuss the progress and quality of the work with the Customer Support Manager America’s.
- Being the first point of contact for customers, prepare and execute preventive-, corrective-maintenance and installation in accordance with the applicable procedures, guidelines, instructions and international standards.
- Provide technical support to customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- Support engineers during the installation phase on site, prior to the commissioning of the UPS installation.
- Quality, effectiveness and efficiency to be achieved by the support department offered products & services
- Ensuring timely reporting of all customer support activities (Incl. but not limited to Preventive and Reactive Maintenance Activity Reports, Site Overhaul Reports, Commissioning Reports, etc.)
Required skills and profile
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience
- In-depth technical knowledge of UPS systems (preferable Rotary UPS systems), switchgear or diesel power generation systems.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering (or similar)
- Some knowledge of control engineering, medium and low voltage and mechanical engineering.
- Portuguese and English (reading and writing)
- Travel when required (short notice at least 70% of time)
- HITEC emphasizes and demands the mental and physical attitude of first-class service. The HITEC equipment is always in a critical application mode (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year) and customers request first class service by first class professional technicians.