SOFTWARE ENGINEER – TOOLS
The Software Engineer – Tools is responsible for the software design of the tools/auxiliary programs. This is necessary for the configuration of primarily PLC software dicon controller and HMI. The Software Engineer – Tools works at the Engineering department, and is a part of the Software team, (s)he reports to the Lead Engineer Software.
- You are responsible for the correct performance of (auxiliary) programs and corresponding documentation for overhaul management and training.
- You develop and maintain HITEC (auxiliary) programs and corresponding documentation.
- You integrate this software (in conjunction with others) into the engineering of projects or as the case may be help desk operations.
- You develop and maintain standard PLC and visualisation software and corresponding documentation in conjunction with others.
- You convert the design specifications into software solutions.
- You work on development projects as a member of the project team.
- You initiate partnerships with external agencies and co-makers and contribute to the communication, instruction and supervision of suppliers, external agencies and co-makers.
- You communicate with all the relevant departments at HITEC about support for developments, system improvements and innovations related to Software and Controls.
- You discuss the progress and quality of the work with Lead Engineer Software.
Required Skills and Profile
- You have a degree in Technical Information Science or Software Engineering from a university of applied science (HBO).
- You are familiar with and have experience with software development in an industrial environment.
- You are familiar with modern PLC controls, data networks, databases, web servers, visualisation and SCADA systems.
- You are familiar with object-oriented development environments for Visual Basic, HTML, XML and Java.
- You are familiar with quality assurance systems, specifically with respect to software.
- You are familiar development methods such as Agile Scrum.
- You have basic skills in control engineering, steering technology, telecommunications, installation technology, telematics and information technology.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- You can work with MS Office.
HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
For more information about the organization and/or product, please watch the video below.