Software Engineer – PLC & Controls
NetherlandsMay 1st, 2021
The Software Engineer – PLC & Controls is responsible for the software design (PLC) and its implementation in UPS systems. In addition, his duties include the setup and management of the software (tools) necessary for the configuration of PLC software, HMI and communication network. The Software Engineer – PLC & Controls works at the Engineering department; he or she is a member of (a) multidisciplinary team(s) and reports to the Lead Engineer Software.
Key results area
- You are responsible for the definition and implementation of modifications to software and software standard.
- You have a (shared) responsibility for the determination and management of the (PLC) software specifications and implementation.
- You develop and maintain (in conjunction with others) the standard PLC, visualisation software, and corresponding operational documentation.
- You integrate (in conjunction with others) that software in the UPS system.
- You convert the design specifications and requirements into software solutions.
- You work on development projects as a member of the project team.
- You maintain partnerships with external agencies and co-makers and contribute to the communication, instruction and supervision of suppliers, external agencies and co-makers.
- You communicate with all the relevant departments at HITEC about proactive support for developments, system improvements and innovations related to Software and Controls.
- You discuss the operational and substantive developments of the work with the System Specialist PLC & Controls.
- You discuss the progress and quality of the work with the Lead Engineer Software.
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering or Industrial Automation from a university of applied science (HBO).
Knowledge and experience
- You are familiar with and have at least 4 years of experience with software development in an industrial environment.
- Team player with pro-active attitude, but also self-supporting
- You are familiar with modern PLC controls, data networks, visualisation and SCADA systems.
- You are familiar with Schneider Quantum PLC controls (Unity), etc., but at least with PLC software development in accordance with IEC 61131 / S88.
- You are familiar with object-oriented design principals and State Transition diagrams, control engineering, networking, telecommunication, installation technology, and information technology.
- You are familiar with quality assurance systems, specifically with respect to software.
- You are familiar development methods such as Agile Scrum.
- You are fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English.