The primary function the Site Supervisor is to ensure safe, efficient and effective operations and management of the HITEC on-site activities during the installation and commissioning phase of Diesel UPS projects. This position is based in the office situated in Taiwan, with frequent travel throughout Asia-Pacific region, reporting to the Global Projects Director.
As the Site Supervisor you have a key role on-site to ensure safe, efficient and effective progress of day-to-day on-site activities and to act as the customer’s permanent on-site point of contact during the installation phase of a project. Moreover, as the Site Supervisor professional appearance is always essential along with a positive and pro-active approach to interfacing with the customer’s on-site management team and the prompt and smooth resolution of all challenges and opportunities. Specific tasks, duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
- As the Site Supervisor you have to be present on-site throughout the installation and commissioning periods
- Daily liaison with the customer and his professional team, all HPP suppliers, HPP installers, other non-HPP contractors at site foreman/supervisor level.
- To function as the eyes and ears of the HPP Project Team to monitor HPP supplier and HPP installer progress, commitment, performance and technical compliance.
- Report to the Project Manager and liaise with the Project Engineer regarding all work activities and highlighting requirements for permits-to-work, method statements, risk assessments and other installation work documentation, processes and procedures as appropriate. To assist the Project Engineer/Manager with drafting and processing these documents.
- Inspection of all goods delivered to site.
- Wherever possible to pro-actively assist HPP suppliers and HPP installers on-site.
- Attendance at all on-site foreman and site supervisor meetings
- Promote and police Environmental, Health & Safety practices of HPP suppliers and HPP installers.
- Appropriate notification and arrangement of all customer site inspections and tests.
- Oversee and manage all customer snagging lists with HPP suppliers and HPP installers.
- Site inspection visits
- Participate in on-site technical clarification meetings with customers
- Review the site layout drawing and modification.
- Participate in scope, bid and contractor bid reviews
Required skills and profile
- PC literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCAD
- Technical School Education and/or bachelor’s in mechanical and/or electrical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Fluently in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills together with good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and communicate site (installation) schedules and expedite progress accordingly.
- Proficient in reading and understanding mechanical drawings (section and construction drawings, P&ID; alignment specifications, flushing/blowing procedures) as well as electrical drawings and schematics (single line and wiring diagrams, cable lists etc.).
- Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation and alignment, installation techniques of electrical switchgear, cable distribution systems, diesel generators and control systems, fuel systems, cooling water systems, ventilation and attenuation systems including craneage and plant movements.
- Good knowledge of current on-site work best-practices and health and safety requirements.
- Qualified First Aider with current certificate.
- Full driving licence.
HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
For more information about our organization and/or product, please watch the video below