The Service Engineer performs commissioning, maintenance, fault-finding, repair and upgrades of the HITEC diesel, static and battery UPS installations. The Service Engineer is located in Shanghai, however the Service Engineer will be working throughout China and other areas within the Asia-Pacific region. The Service Engineer will report directly to the Service Manager China.
- Functional switching of UPS units and UPS systems
- UPS unit visual, minor and major PPM routines
- Basic UPS unit overhauls and upgrades
- Out-of-hours emergency call-out duty
- Basic fault-finding, diagnosis and repair
- Basic vibration monitoring, oil and water sampling
- Power module level and alignment
- QMS software analysis and interpretation
- Basic UPS control adjustments and software interrogation.
- The secondary function of this position shall be to assist the Company in all other areas as and when required
Required skills and profile:
- PC literate
- Basic user in MS Word and Outlook
- Time served Approved electrician/mechanical tradesman or minimum 2 years electrical/mechanical relevant full-time work experience
- Basic knowledge of electrical switchgear, distribution systems, diesel generators and control systems.
- Basic knowledge of workshop and on-site work practices and health and safety requirements
- Good approach to customer service, team-working and an aptitude and willingness to learn new skills and improve individual work-performance.
- Full driving licence
- Good commutation and writing skill in English
HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
For more information about our organization and/or product, please watch the video below