The Project Purchaser works at the Supply Chain Management department and reports to the Global Supply Chain Manager. The Project Purchaser procures all project specific materials for HITEC projects worldwide and is responsible for the timely delivery. The Project Purchaser is responsible for the optimal purchase of project specific materials and services. The responsibility is for the optimal cost effective solution with the best risk profile for the project. The Project Purchaser is also responsible for the timely delivery of the orders to the project. The Project Purchaser actively helps in the proposal phase to secure the best prices, risk profiles and delivery times for project specific components to ensure a competitive bid for our customers.
- You proactively and independently explore the suppliers market for supply options and delivery reliability.
- You independently draw up requests for tenders based on specifications and deal with in-house customers’ requests for quotations.
- You independently deliver requests based on specifications and you are responsible for the purchase of components, materials, parts and constructions for suppliers and contractors.
- You buy in materials and services on a project basis.
- You determine and achieve the milestones in delivery processes and monitor the delivery time and other performances by suppliers and contractors on that basis.
- You keep an overview of the purchase turnover of each supplier.
- You monitor the supplier performance system, catalogues, price lists and the purchase archives.
- You expediting suppliers worldwide if so needed and report on those visits.
- You coordinate and deal with guarantee claims, complaints and returned goods (NCR) independently.
- You check whether all the required items and information has been filled in Sales and Purchase Orders.
- You will process purchase orders towards suppliers
- You proactively monitor and discuss the progress and quality of the work with the Global Supply Chain Manager.
- You communicate with suppliers and contractors and report to the Global Supply Chain Manager.
- You discuss the options for optimisation with colleagues.
- You take part in the project teams for HITEC
- You pro actively consult with the global representatives of the engineering, proposal and project management departments.
Required skills and profile
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or five years of experience in a similar position.
- NEVI 1 qualifications.
- You are familiar with and have experience with purchase techniques and their legal aspects.
- You are familiar with and have experience with logistic processes.
- You have experience with the national and international suppliers markets, exchange rates and working on the basis of customer-supplier relations.
- You have excellent communication skills; you are fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English.
- You have some affinity with the products of HITEC Power Protection.
- You are familiar with the relevant safety regulations.
- You can work with MS office and you are an experienced user of ERP systems.
About HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection is a company of Air Water Inc, Japan and develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission critical processes. Core of the HITEC Power Protection solution are rotary UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) systems using flywheel energy storage. This is proven technology, based on more than 50 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the headquarters in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain and Taiwan.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!