The primary function of the Project Manager shall be to provide strong leadership, management, direction and control of major contracts for the supply Hitec Diesel UPS and Ride-Thru Systems to ensure the on-time, profitable, efficient and effective delivery of complete projects in accordance with customer expectations. This position is based in the HITEC Taiwan office situated in Hsinchu, Taiwan. This position reports to the Global Projects Director.
The Project Manager has major financial and operational responsibilities for the delivery of high profile high value project on time, within budget and to the required quality. Specific tasks, duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
- Support the Sales department providing AutoCad drawing and advising on work sequencing, programming and method statements.
- Assist in installation and project management meetings with clients
- Assist in inquiry stage meetings with suppliers and installers
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the contract are correctly fulfilled on time and within budget.
- Promote the Company’s image and develop the professional team relationships in order to encourage future business.
- Focal point of contact for all customer, professional team and supplier correspondence and documentation.
- Attend all key client, professional team, supplier and installer meetings
- Attend all key offsite and on-site events (including FATs, deliveries, on-site tests, SATs and ISTs).
- Draft all supplier purchase orders and variations
- Compile all quotes for all customer variations and amendments to original order.
- Maintain a tight technical, contractual and commercial control of the customer contract and all supplier contracts at all times.
- Liaise with all other departments as necessary to ensure the effective and timely communication of all information.
- Maintain accurate project financial and management control records.
- Raise all customer payment applications and draft sales invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure best possible positive cash-flow for the project.
- Manage and control all suppliers to ensure exemplary performance
- Organize and perform pre-commissioning project briefings
- Manage and control all project Health & Safety, Quality Control and Quality Assurance issues.
- Generate and issue all necessary Project Programmes (Gant Charts) Risks Assessments, Method Statements and Test documentation.
- Organize, control and manage all on-site permit-to-work and other safe-systems of work.
- Manage and control all Company and supplier resources to ensure all milestones are achieved.
- Organize and perform full project debrief with HPPbv and HPP Taiwan
- Organize and perform handover to After-Sales
- Process all minor defects and snags with client and suppliers
- Process all warranty issues with client and suppliers
- Complete all contract documentation
- Agree final accounts with customer and suppliers
- Obtain final certificates of completion and of making good defects
- Complete all invoicing and debt collection
Required skills and profile
- PC literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Projects, Visio and AutoCad
- Project Manager – Chartered Electrical or Mechanical Engineer or equivalent with minimum three years experience in a similar position.
- Minimum 5 years experience within the electrical installation and/or contracting industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of the electrical switchgear, distribution and diesel generation equipment and installations.
- Excellent technical, commercial and contractual communication skills and experience.
- Excellent logic reasoning skills, organizational ability, professional image and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong outward going personality with an excellent ability to manage all customer types at all levels of seniority.
- Fluent skills in both commercial and technical English Language (speech, reading and writing).
- Full Driving License, passport and keenness to travel.
- Able to work flexibly and to handle stress.
HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
For more information about our organization and/or product, please watch the video below