LEAD ENGINEER SOFTWARE
The Lead Engineer Software manages engineering activities in software design (PLC) and its implementation into UPS systems. Moreover, the Lead Engineer Software is responsible for the setup and management of the software (tools). Manages a group of engineers and designers working on various projects. The Lead Engineer Software directly manages a team of 4 – 9 engineering professionals. He or she reports to the Innovation & Development Manager.
- Departmental plan & budget – Translates vision into specific team goals and initiatives, including required budgets in order to give direction to the activities of the group
- Planning & execution – Plans assigned activities and sets short and long-term planning regarding direct operations and capacity needs. Takes into account the capabilities of employees in his/her group (quality, career opportunities, etc.).
- Ensures that issues and barriers to meet project objectives and schedules are identified, facilitates and supports troubleshooting.
- People management – Organizes, manages and coaches team members in such a way that the team plan and objectives are met.
- Process improvement – Develops and improves engineering processes and procedures in order to create an effective and efficient working environment.
- Special projects – Participates in projects and activities in the field of engineering in line with department plan and deliverables, in order to contribute to the realization of specified deliverables.
- Reporting – Develops KPI’s and metrics for the department, monitors progress, analyses performance and ensures periodical and ad-hoc reporting to management.
- Makes sure the output of the software team meets quality and engineering standards. Supports the team and other departments in solving software engineering related issues.
- Discusses progress and barriers of project activities with internal stakeholders
- Discusses the work progress and quality of the work with your team members on a regular basis
- Acts as go-to person for his team
- Various customer and supplier contacts, mostly on engineering level
Required skills and profile
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience
- You are familiar with modern PLC control, data networks, web servers, visualisation and SCADA systems.
- You are familiar with Schneider Quantum PLC controls (Unity), etc., but at least with PLC software development in accordance with IEC 1131 / S88.
- You are familiar with Visual Basic, HTML, XML and Java (for visualisation and tools).
- You are familiar with control engineering, steering technology, telecommunication, installation technology, telematics and information technology.
- You are familiar with quality assurance systems, specifically with respect to software.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Good leadership and people skills
- You can work with MS Office
HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
For more information about our organization and/or product, please watch the video below