Global Business Development Manager
NetherlandsMarch 16th, 2021
Your position within the company
The Business Development Manager is the lead for HITEC’s global business development and reports to the CEO. You work closely with our Regional Sales and Marketing teams.
Your responsibility will include finding new market opportunities, translate market trends and market demands into a product roadmap & be the linking pin between market/sales and engineering/development for product development and innovation. Next to these responsibilities you identify potential growth areas, conduct competitors’ analyses and seek for strategic partnerships that can support growth. You also prepare plans to increase revenues and enable growth in terms of business expansion. You continuously analyze, compare, and report out on HITEC’s strategic position in the global marketplace for dynamic UPS systems.
- Identify opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships, product development, or other initiatives.
- Develop growth strategies and plans.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new business opportunities. Reach out to customers and industry experts to enhance understanding market trends and developments.
- Provide understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Assess risks and make recommendations based on a thorough analysis of the competitive environment of the global market for (Dynamic) UPS systems.
- Create and drive commercial breakthrough plans.
- Prepare key analysis and present to the executive leadership team.
- Conduct market research for selected market segments and define areas for growth.
- Translate market trends and market demands into a product roadmap.
- Work closely together with Engineering team and drive the development agenda.
- Operate cross functionally with Sales, Service and Engineering team and other functions.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the UPS market (static and dynamic).
Required skills and profile
- Master’s in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical) and, or Business Administration.
- 5-10 years of working experience in a similar role with proven track record.
- Knowledge of and experience in the UPS / Power Protection market is required.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Business, financial, and technical acumen.