CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER (E/M)
As the Customer Support Engineer (E or M) you are to carry out corrective and preventative maintenance worldwide, to commission and trouble-shoot HITEC products and third-party installations. Your main duties involve electrical or mechanical engineering on both low and medium voltage installations.
- As the Customer Support Engineer (E or M) you are responsible for independently preparing and carrying out work as part of the service and offering after-sales care in accordance with the procedures, guidelines and (international) standards and instructions in the Netherlands and abroad, under local conditions.
- You provide technical support to customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- You independently train operators for end customers.
- When needed you are able to do basic mechanical or electronic maintenance.
- You coordinate and act as a supervisor during the local installation stage prior to the commissioning of a product.
- You can call in the Help Desk if technical problems arise and the Regional Customer Service Manager EMEA if organizational problems arise.
- You are familiar with, and make allowances for, local conditions.
- You discuss technical or mechanical problems and solutions with customers, sister companies, distributors and agents.
- You train operators and hold workshops with them.
- You can instruct local staff.
- You proactively discuss the progress and quality of the work with the Customer Support Manager Central Europe & Middle East.
Required skills and profile
- Qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from Pre-vocational Secondary Education (MBO) with an affinity for mechanical or electrical engineering
- Secondary education-level professional and intellectual capacity.
- Car drivers license (B+E)
- You have an affinity for electrical engineering, the basic principles of electronics, low and medium voltage systems.
- You have ample experience with measuring techniques and working with measuring equipment.
- You can speak, read and write English and preferably another language (e.g. Dutch, German, Spanish, Chinese).
- You have teaching experience and skills and can hold workshops.
- You have experience with working with PLC and processor-guided components and diagnostic software (only for Electrical Engineering).
- You have experience with driving forklift trucks and operating hoisting equipment.
HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
For more information about the organization and/or product, please watch the video below.