The Application Engineer assists current and potential customers understand, compare and contrast the solutions that are available for the products needed to address their business challenges. The Application Engineers collaborate with the (Senior) Application Engineers, Manager Projects, Partners, Consultants, Prospects, Purchase, Project Management, Project Engineering, After Sales and report to the Lead Application Engineer APAC.
As the Application Engineer you support the Sales Partners in generally promoting HITEC and answers question about technical commercial issues concerning the pre-qualification and the quotation procedure. The Application Engineer processes the order for acceptance and transfers them for execution. Moreover, the Application Engineer ensures that all components necessary for a good performance of the PGM module are engineered and manufactured correctly by HITEC or third parties. The application Engineer advises customers about technically straightforward and reliable solutions.
- The Application Engineer is responsible for translating RFI into technical solutions, allowing for technology, time schedules and budgets.
- You are responsible for the commercial proposal and coordinate the entire tender and quotation procedure, from RFQ to issuing of the quotation, with all the necessary departments.
- You translate the customer’s preferences into standards and technical options.
- As the Application Engineer you will translate the customer’s needs to the quotation that has the greatest chance of success with the best possible pre-calculated margin.
- You substantiate and defend the technical-commercial proposal to the customer.
- You furnish the customer with solutions consisting of the maximum number of standard HITEC solutions.
- Starting up the sales process by independently following an actual lead.
- You incorporate a long-term business partner in your portfolio as an account.
- You draw up the price specifications for the Business Partners.
- Ensuring a smooth transfer to the project team so that they can execute and complete the project.
- You maintain contact with (in-house) suppliers with respect to the quality requirements and standards and the quality of the supplied peripheral equipment.
- You draw up the specifications for the peripheral equipment that needs to be purchased.
- Ensuring that correct and complete technical documentation is made available on time.
- You give customers and colleagues advice on technical solutions.
- Providing and rectify technical information for customers, consultants, suppliers and the company.
- You are a member of Project team during the implementation of projects.
- Communication with customers and translate the customer’s needs into (standard) technical solutions.
- You proactively support the Partners.
- Answering the commercial questions from other country organisations.
- You proactively discuss the optimization options with departments.
- Discussing the progress and quality of the work with the Sales Manager.
- You work with colleagues from Engineering and Project Management to design and support the project organisation in the country organisations.
- You coordinate the technical side of the project with the Sales and Engineering departments and provide technical support for the Project Manager.
- Providing support during tests and during the external installation and commissioning process.
- You approve the quotations jointly with the Sales Manager.
- You discuss the progress and quality of the work with the Projects Manager.
Required skills and profile
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and Business Studies or equivalent qualifications from a University of Applied Science.
- You are willing to go to Malaysia for a training (estimated 18 months).
- You have 3-5 years of related experience.
- Affinity with mechanical engineering.
- You have experience with project-based work.
- Familiar with UPS systems and areas of application.
- You are familiar with international B2B and can understand/have affinity with other cultures.
- You speak, write and read English and preferably Chinese.
- Experienced with MS Office and AutoCAD.
HITEC Power Protection
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission critical processes. Core of the HITEC Power Protection solution are dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) systems using flywheel energy storage. This is proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience. HITEC Power Protection operates from its head office and manufacturing facility located in Almelo, The Netherlands, with regional Customer support centers in the USA, United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, Spain, Malaysia, Taiwan and China.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, reliability and communication.
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!